4 large potatoes
Salt to liking
Any seasonings you may want on your chips
1. Peel and rinse potatoes
2. You want to slice the potatoes as thin as possible.
3. Submerge sliced potatoes in- COLD water for an hour. I placed mine in the freezer.
4. Heat up your oil. I kept my temperature between medium and medium high. Depending on the pan you use really depends on how much oil you need. I would use the amount you normally would for french fries.
5. Before placing potatoes in the grease, dry them off with a towel of some sorts.
You do not want to over crowd otherwise they stick together and its one big hot mess.
You can choose to do the next process however you would like but I’ll put how I did it. It’s kinda of the wall but I was out of paper towels. Lol
1. Once chips are golden brown, take them out of the grease and place them in a strainer. Super crazy I know but hear me out!!
2. Place more potatoes in the grease.
3. Sprinkle a little salt or whatever seasonings you have chosen over the chips.
4. Put up the strainer and shake it so the chips spin in a circular motion for a minute or two. This helps get the grease off & knock off excess seasoning.
5. Place them on a cookie sheet for additional drying.
6. REPEAT steps for each batch of chips.